Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable new Visualization tools in my Databricks notebooks?

ivanychev
Contributor

Databricks released new visualization tools

https://docs.databricks.com/notebooks/visualizations/index.html

But I don't see them in my notebook (DBR 10.4) nor I can find out how to enable them. How do I use the new tools?

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 21.59.19

7 REPLIES 7

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Sergey Ivanychev​ 

To create a visualization from a cell result, the notebook cell must use a 

display

command to show the result. Click + and select . The visualization editor appears.

are you not seeing this visualisation after hitting above?

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong screenshot. Now it's the correct one. I don't see the + button 😞

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok. I will suggest please wait for few more days as we do have stage wise release and this may be reflected soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused @Sergey Ivanychev​ 

Thanks!

LeoV
New Contributor II

Hi @Atanu Sarkar​!

Any update on this? I'm also not capable of seeing the + button!

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

Thank you for sharing this. It looks like Databricks has copied over DB SQL visualization to notebooks.

This is good.

@Atanu Sarkar​  - do you know if we will be able to link these visualizations from notebook cell into DB SQL dashboard some how?

cweymouth
New Contributor II

@Atanu Sarkar​ , I am still not seeing this. I am running a cluster on runtime 10.4 LTS ML. The "Legacy Visualizations" are the only option available. This feature should be fully deployed, yes?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.