Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do we add a certificate file in Databricks for sparksubmit type of job?

geetha_venkates
New Contributor II

How do we add a certificate file in Databricks for sparksubmit type of job? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

franco_patano
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Here are directions on how to add a custom CA Cert. Does this help?

https://kb.databricks.com/python/import-custom-ca-cert.html

Franco Patano
Stragetic Data and AI Advisor

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @geetha Venkatesanโ€‹! Welcome and thank you for asking. Let's give the community a bit longer to answer. We'll circle back if we need to.

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@geetha Venkatesanโ€‹ can you explain what sort of certificate you're trying to use? spark-submit works over the Jobs API, which does not require submitting any cert.

ECS is hosted on our private cloud and it uses internal certificate owned by us. So from databricks when we need to connect to ECS, we need to import our internal certificate in databricks, so that connection happens between databricks and ECS .

franco_patano
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Here are directions on how to add a custom CA Cert. Does this help?

https://kb.databricks.com/python/import-custom-ca-cert.html

Franco Patano
Stragetic Data and AI Advisor

As per this document, we need to use DButils and we can use this only on notebook. But ours is spark scala application jar that runs in spark submit mode. So we want to know how we can import the certificate and make it use at the startup of the cluster.

DBLearner74
New Contributor II

Since DBFS based files getting deprecated, is there a newer method to this?

nicozambelli
New Contributor II

I have the same problem... when i worked with the hive_metastore in past, i was able tu use file system and also use API certs.

Now i'm using the unity catalog and i can't upload a certificate, can somebody help me?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.