cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how do we use delta sharing between databricks to snowflake

sher
Valued Contributor II

Hi all,

Is there any way to implement delta sharing in databricks to snowflake direct connect ?

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sher

Delta sharing is a secure data sharing platform that lets you share data in Databricks with users ou...t. Snowflake direct connect is a feature that allows you to connect to Snowflake without using the JDBC....

To implement delta sharing in Databricks to Snowflake direct connect, you need to do the following steps:

I hope this helps you understand how to implement delta sharing in Databricks to Snowflake direct connect. 

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me ๐Ÿ˜Š.

sher
Valued Contributor II

i want to share the delta table and snowflake read it as external table. i dont want any python apis to load the. it should have it in external table mode itself. can you please check n let us know

NateAnth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I don't think that Snowflake has implemented the ability to read from a table via Delta Sharing as of December 2023. Please reach out to your Snowflake representatives and urge them to consider this feature from their side. 

Alternatively, you can query existing data from Snowflake with Lakehouse Federation as well as the table that is residing in Databricks.  A Databricks SQL Warehouse would be great way to query data stored in Databricks as well as Snowflake via Lakehouse Federation via SQL.

sher
Valued Contributor II

sure will take a look on this

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.