cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to add a Workflow File Arrival trigger on a file in a Unity Catalog Volume in Azure Databricks

Michael_Galli
Contributor III

I have a UC volume wil XLSX files, and would like to run a workflow when a new file arrives in the Volume.
I was thinking of a workflow file arrival trigger.
But that does not work when I add the physical ADLS location of the root folder:
External location overlaps with another external table, external volume or managed storage in Unity Catalog. Please use a volume to access files in this location instead.

How can I use a Volume location to trigger such a event?

Michael_Galli_0-1706024182211.png

1 REPLY 1

Michael_Galli
Contributor III

Worked it out with Microsoft.
-> only works with external volumes, not managed.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/workflows/jobs/file-arrival-triggers

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group