cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create circles and find diameter in point cloud?

max651
New Contributor

Good day, Everybody.

I have a task I should create many circles in a point cloud (my file can be .csv) and calculate their diameter in the area 100m x 100 m.

I have the coordinates of the starting point.

The circles should be created at the height 1.35 m from the initial point. For example, I have z=600 m, so I will create all circles at 601.35 m.

The main issue is there are a lot of points at least 2 million, and some of them are spread.

I want my script to move a circle at a height of 601.35 m and change the diameter of the circle to fit the shape of the circle. The main purpose is to find enough points (around 20 points) that fit in the circle and show the diameter of each circle. The diameter will be from 0.1 m to 0.9 m.

0693f000007OoQoAAK

I give the figure to demonstrate my idea.

I will be happy to get any help. Probably, somebody has already developed a similar script.

As to modules, I think about scikit-learn.

Thank you very much in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ max651 ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up shortly with a response.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group