Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Delta live tables serverless in Databricks?

nggianno
New Contributor III

I am trying to enable the Serverless mode in the Delta Live Tables, based on what the official Databricks channel YouTube video "Delta Live Tables A to Z: Best practices for Modern Data Pipelines".And I cannot find it in my UI. Could you help me with that? How is it possible to enable?

4 REPLIES 4

Kayla
Contributor

Are you on GCP by chance? If so, I don't think serverless options are available yet.

nggianno
New Contributor III

No, I am in AWS. 

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nggiannoEnabling the Serverless mode in Delta Live Tables involves configuring pipeline settings. Let’s walk through the steps:

1. Choose a Product Edition:

• Delta Live Tables offers different product editions:
      • Core: For streaming ingest workloads without advanced features like change data capture (CDC) or expectations.
      • Pro: Supports Core features and allows updating tables based on changes in source data.
      • Advanced: Supports Core, Pro features, and enforces data quality constraints with expectations.
    • You can select the product edition when creating or editing a pipeline1.
  2. Choose a Pipeline Mode:

• You can update your pipeline continuously or with manual triggers based on the pipeline mode.
    • To create a pipeline:
  3. Serverless Mode:

Remember to consult the official documentation for detailed information on configuring pipeline sett...1.

nggianno
New Contributor III

The problem is that the "Serverless" checkbox does not appear in my UI Pipeline Settings. So, I do not know how to enable serverless given your instructions. Can you tell me why the button is not displayed or how to display it or how to enable DLT serverless with another way?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.