cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to enable Delta live tables serverless in Databricks?

nggianno
New Contributor III

I am trying to enable the Serverless mode in the Delta Live Tables, based on what the official Databricks channel YouTube video "Delta Live Tables A to Z: Best practices for Modern Data Pipelines".And I cannot find it in my UI. Could you help me with that? How is it possible to enable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kols
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

It is generally available in supported regions and needs to be enabled by an account admin (if not auto-enabled): Enable serverless compute 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Kayla
Valued Contributor

Are you on GCP by chance? If so, I don't think serverless options are available yet.

nggianno
New Contributor III

No, I am in AWS. 

nggianno
New Contributor III

The problem is that the "Serverless" checkbox does not appear in my UI Pipeline Settings. So, I do not know how to enable serverless given your instructions. Can you tell me why the button is not displayed or how to display it or how to enable DLT serverless with another way?

kols
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

Serverless DLT pipelines are currently in PrPr (Private Preview). 
Thus, you will not see this checkbox if you are not part of this PrPr. 
To learn about enabling Serverless DLT pipelines, contact your Databricks account team.

Daan
New Contributor

I am facing the same issue. Is this still not available to the public?

kols
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

It is generally available in supported regions and needs to be enabled by an account admin (if not auto-enabled): Enable serverless compute 

Daan
New Contributor

Hey Kols, thanks for the reply. I am the account admin and I had already serverless compute enabled and our platform is hosted on AWS eu-central-1. As far as I can tell from the documentation every requirement is met to enable serverless DLT pipelines.

kols
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

It's available in your region. Only other requirement is that the workspace needs to have Unity Catalog enabled - is that the case as well?
Otherwise please contact your Databricks account team or open a support ticket.

Daan
New Contributor

Hey Kols,

Unity catalog is enabled as well, as you can see in the screenshot. To open a support ticket I need dedicated Databricks support which our company doesn't have. 

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group