cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mount Azure Blob Storage with OAuth2?

jwilliam
Contributor

We already know that we can mount Azure Data Lake Gen2 with OAuth2 using this:

configs = {"fs.azure.account.auth.type": "OAuth",
          "fs.azure.account.oauth.provider.type": "org.apache.hadoop.fs.azurebfs.oauth2.ClientCredsTokenProvider",
          "fs.azure.account.oauth2.client.id": "",
          "fs.azure.account.oauth2.client.secret": dbutils.secrets.get(scope="",key=""),
          "fs.azure.account.oauth2.client.endpoint": "https://login.microsoftonline.com//oauth2/token"}

# Optionally, you can add  to the source URI of your mount point.
dbutils.fs.mount(
  source = "abfss://@.dfs.core.windows.net/",
  mount_point = "/mnt/",
  extra_configs = configs)

However, when I used wasbs instead of abfss, it gives this error:

AzureException: shaded.databricks.org.apache.hadoop.fs.azure.AzureException: Unable to access container *** in account YYY.dfs.core.windows.net using anonymous credentials, and no credentials found for them  in the configuration.
Caused by: AzureException: Unable to access container *** in account YYY.dfs.core.windows.net using anonymous credentials, and no credentials found for them  in the configuration.

Is it possible to mount Azure Blob Storage (not ADLS2) by OAuth2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

OAuth is not supported on blob. We have a feature request DB-I-3479 for the same.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

OAuth is not supported on blob. We have a feature request DB-I-3479 for the same.

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @John William​, We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

mathijs-fish
New Contributor III

Is there any update on this feature request? OAuth still seems not to be working with Azure Blob Storage... Configuration works fine for ADLS gen 2, but for Azure Blob Storage still only SAS and Account key seems to be working.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!