cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to output data from Databricks?

Abdul1
New Contributor

Hello,

I am just starting with Databricks in Azure and I need to output the data to an Affinity CRM system.

Affinity has an API and I am wondering is there any sort of automated / data pipeline sort of way to tell databricks to just pump the data into Affinity or do I have to write some sort of Python script and make it run in Databricks?

Alternatively I could create a microservice that gets the data from Databricks and sends it to Affinity but that seems like the worst options to me.

I just don't know how the entire thing works.

1 REPLY 1

Edthehead
New Contributor III

We need more info on what kind of data, volume and what the called APi can handle. Calling an API for single records in parallel can be achieved using UDF(see THIS). You need to be careful to batch the records so that the target API can handle the parallel load. If you want to send an entire file via API (assuming file size is within the API limits), you can use Synapse pipeline activity(assuming you are using Azure). Databricks does not have any inbuilt feature for this as far as I know.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.