cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to reinstantiate theย Cloudformation template for AWS

Noosphera
New Contributor III
Hi Everyone!
I am new to Databricks, and had chosen to use the Cloudformation template to create my AWS Workspace. I regretfully must admit I felt creative in the process and varied the suggested stackname and that must have created errors which ended up in a full rollback_created message on AWS.
I would like to try again, and start from scratch. I deleted the instance created on AWS, but now upon going back to Databricks I cannot find how to reinstantiate the Cloudformation template. Could anyone here please point out the way to do this again? Thanks so much in advance.
All the best,
Max
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Noosphera, Certainly! Databricks provides several options for automating workspace creation using templates.

Letโ€™s explore a couple of approaches:

AWS Quick Start Templates:

Terraform:

• Terraform is an open source infrastructure-as-code tool that allows you to define and provision data centre infrastructure using a declarative configuration language.
  • The Databricks Labs GitHub repository hosts the Databricks Terraform Provider project, which includes documentation for each resource type.
  • You can use Terraform to create and manage Databricks workspaces. Here are the relevant articles:

Remember that Databricks do not formally support the AWS Quick Start templates, but they provide additional configuration options. Explore the provided resources or seek further assistance if you encounter any issues. Best of luck with your Databricks workspace setup! ๐Ÿš€

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Noosphera, Certainly! Databricks provides several options for automating workspace creation using templates.

Letโ€™s explore a couple of approaches:

AWS Quick Start Templates:

Terraform:

• Terraform is an open source infrastructure-as-code tool that allows you to define and provision data centre infrastructure using a declarative configuration language.
  • The Databricks Labs GitHub repository hosts the Databricks Terraform Provider project, which includes documentation for each resource type.
  • You can use Terraform to create and manage Databricks workspaces. Here are the relevant articles:

Remember that Databricks do not formally support the AWS Quick Start templates, but they provide additional configuration options. Explore the provided resources or seek further assistance if you encounter any issues. Best of luck with your Databricks workspace setup! ๐Ÿš€

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Noosphera, I want to express my gratitude for your effort in selecting the most suitable solution. It's great to hear that your query has been successfully resolved. Thank you for your contribution.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.