cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to send variables from control-m to Data bricks Jobs

Venkat369
New Contributor II

I wanted to send variables from control-m software which is used to call a data bricks job. The data bricks job is designed to call a notebook. The notebook should use the attributes which are sent by control-m. Can someone help me in this scenario on how to get retrieve the attributes from control-m to Data bricks job.

4 REPLIES 4

Witold
Contributor

Venkat369
New Contributor II

I have a standard notebook that receives input parameters from a workflow. Currently, the parameters in the workflow are hardcoded, and this workflow is triggered from the Control-M job scheduler. Instead of hardcoding these parameter values in the workflow, I aim to dynamically pass them from Control-M. Please provide a solution.

Witold
Contributor

@Venkat369 What is wrong with the link I provided? It actually shows you how to do it. If not, please be more precise.

Yep, I think everything you need is in the link Witold provided.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group