Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer ownership of a Databricks cloud standard account?

mdavidallen
New Contributor II

My email address is the owner of an account in a particular standard plan tenancy. I would like to transfer ownership to another user so they can change billing details, and take admin access going forward. How can this be accomplished?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

This is really a tricky question.

If you are an Azure or GCP customer, you can open a support ticket with your respective cloud providers and they will be able to provide you with the details.

If you are an AWS customer and have a support contract you can open a support ticket with Databricks. If you don't have a support contract, then you might need to look back at your old emails where you had conversations with our sales team. You can reach them via their email and get the necessary information.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @David Allen​ - My name is Piper and I'm a moderator for Databricks. Welcome and thanks for your question. Let's wait to see what the community says before we circle back. 🙂

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @David Allen​ To transfer account owner rights, contact your Databricks account representative. This is applicable for both legacy and E2 accounts.

https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/account-settings/account-console.html#access-the-ac...

https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/account-settings-e2/account-console-e2.html#access-...

I appreciate this, but I'm not aware that I have a databricks account representative and I don't know how to contact them.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

This is really a tricky question.

If you are an Azure or GCP customer, you can open a support ticket with your respective cloud providers and they will be able to provide you with the details.

If you are an AWS customer and have a support contract you can open a support ticket with Databricks. If you don't have a support contract, then you might need to look back at your old emails where you had conversations with our sales team. You can reach them via their email and get the necessary information.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.