Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to trigger a "Git provider" job with commit?

yzhang
New Contributor III

I have "Git provider" job created and running fine on the remote git. The problem is that I have to manually trigger it. Is there a way to run the job automatically whenever a new commit to the branch? (In "Schedules & Triggers section", I can find a trigger on a file only, there is no "commit" option).

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @yzhangTo automatically trigger a job whenever there is a new commit to the branch in a remote Git repository, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to your job's "Schedules and Triggers" section.
2. Click on the "Add Trigger" button.
3. In the trigger options, select "Git provider" as the trigger type.
4. Specify the Git repository URL and the Git reference (branch, tag, or commit) where your job is located.
5. Click on "Create" to save the trigger. 

Your job will be automatically triggered whenever a new commit is made to the specified branch.

yzhang
New Contributor III

here is my screen after clicked "Add Trigger", I don't see option "Git provider" as a trigger type. Or something else shall I do? see attached.

yzhang
New Contributor III

yzhang_1-1694441305914.png

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.