cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ingesting logs from Databricks (GCP) to Azure log Analytics

talenik
New Contributor

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask if there is any way through which we can ingest logs from GCP databricks to azure log analytics in store-sync fashion. 

Meaning we will save logs into some cloud bucket lets say, then from there we should be able to send logs to Azure log analytics asynchronous. This should not hamper productivity or speed of application emitting logs. 

Can you please help with this

Thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @talenik, To ingest logs from Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Databricks into Azure Log Analytics in an asynchronous manner, you can follow these steps:

1. Configure Databricks Logs in JSON Format:

• Set up your Databricks cluster to format logs in JSON.
    • This ensures that the logs are structured and can be easily processed.
  2. Send Logs to Azure Log Analytics (ALA):

3. Consider Using the Log4j Appender:

If you encounter any issues, feel free to ask for further assistance! ๐Ÿ˜Š

talenik
New Contributor

Hello @Kaniz_Fatma ,

Thanks for your help. Sending logs at real-time with workspace URL sounds good but it can add delay in your jobs execution since requests will be triggered sequentially.

We are looking something like spark-monitoring for GCP databricks, but spark-monitoring library is specially built for Azure databricks, will it work like this on GCP databricks?

GCP databricks is build different than Azure databricks and hence internal paths are different also.
I tried using it for GCP databricks, but since there is difference in resource hierarchy between gcp and azure I am unsure if this can be used. 

Also, we are using 14.3 LTS version and for now I am getting class not found exceptions while using the jar for scala classes. 

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!