cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install maven package to serverless cluster

Livingstone
New Contributor

My task is to export data from CSV/SQL into Excel format with minimal latency. To achieve this, I used a Serverless cluster.

Since PySpark does not support saving in XLSX format, it is necessary to install the Maven package spark-excel_2.12. However, Serverless clusters do not allow the installation of additional libraries as regular clusters do. Therefore, I attempted to install it using the REST API.

headers = {
    'Authorization': f'Bearer {TOKEN}',
}

data = {
  "cluster_id": CLUSTER_ID,
  "libraries": [
    {
      "maven": {
        "coordinates": "com.crealytics:spark-excel_2.13:3.4.1_0.19.0"
      }
    }
  ]
}

response = requests.post(f'{HOST}/api/2.0/libraries/install', headers=headers, json=data)

But when I try to save the file in Excel format, it returns an error

[DATA_SOURCE_NOT_FOUND] Failed to find the data source: com.crealytics.spark.excel. Make sure the provider name is correct and the package is properly registered and compatible with your Spark version. SQLSTATE: 42K02

How can this issue be resolved? Are there any other ways to export an Excel file ASAP without waiting for the cluster to start up?

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group