cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

IOStream.flush Timed Out

dbengineer516
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue with a Python script/notebook that I have developed and used in a daily job ran in Databricks. It has worked perfectly fine for months, but now continues to fail constantly. After digging a little deeper, when running the notebook that the job was connected to, it would throw a "IOStream.flush timed out" warning message but would still continue to run endlessly and not perform the other operations in the script. All my script does is call the Databricks API for Query History to obtain the previous day's data, walk through each page of query history data, create a data frame from the data, and store it into a table. Typically, I'd see this complete in 5-10 minutes even for heavier volume days, but now, it'll run for hours on end and won't fail unless we set timeout limits. I'm assuming it has something to do with memory/resources, but I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

raphaelblg
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @dbengineer516 

From my research it looks to be an IPython cache error. Maybe your python REPL is getting throttled due to too many requests.

Please check: https://github.com/ipython/ipykernel/issues/334

This comment seems to be a possible solution: https://github.com/ipython/ipykernel/issues/334#issuecomment-1357140493

I hope it helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Best regards,

Raphael Balogo
Sr. Technical Solutions Engineer
Databricks
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!