Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipywidgets not working in DBR 11.0 on Community Edition

WayneDeleersnyd
New Contributor III

I'm looking forward to using ipywidgets which should be working in DBR 11.0 as they provide more options when creating a notebook UI. I saw that DBR 11.0 is available as of yesterday so I created a test cluster in the Databricks Community Edition just now to test things out.

But, when I applied some basic code to create a slider it did not work. How can I/we get ipywidgets working with DBR 11.0?

This is what I ran.DBR11_ipywidgetAs you can see, there is no slider, only information about the object.

Which is a copy and paste of code from https://docs.databricks.com/notebooks/ipywidgets.html

Thanks, W.D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

Hi @Wayne Deleersnyder​ 

I was able to import ipywidgets in DBR 11.0. As you can see in the output below. The slider is visible

You are facing this issue probably because the community edition has limited access. To get all the features you should at least have a trial version of Databricks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

Hi @Wayne Deleersnyder​ 

I was able to import ipywidgets in DBR 11.0. As you can see in the output below. The slider is visible

You are facing this issue probably because the community edition has limited access. To get all the features you should at least have a trial version of Databricks.

Hmmm, that's disappointing. I know it's limited, but this seems like something trivial for them to include. Maybe, hopefully, it's just because it's Day 1 after the release and they still need to flush stuff out.

Hi @Wayne Deleersnyder​ ,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.