cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ISOLATION_STARTUP_FAILURE

tingwei
New Contributor II

Hi I'm getting error in my data pipeline
[ISOLATION_STARTUP_FAILURE] Failed to start isolated execution environment. Please contact Databricks support. SQLSTATE: XXKSS

it was working fine and suddenly it is keep failing. Please advice. 

4 REPLIES 4

PioBin
New Contributor II

Hi, I had the same problem and I got response from Databricks suport that:

"

There was a DBR release on 7th August (14.3.10 -> 14.3.11).
Our engineering team identified the issue and the fix is scheduled to be deployed on September 16th.

Until the fix is deployed, You can use the below custom spark image version in your cluster.

enter the below in the Custom Spark Version: The custom image provided was the old DBR prior to 8th August.
custom:release__14.3.x-snapshot-scala2.12__databricks-universe__14.3.10__9b6cd4f__debafb7__jenkins__1cbb705__format-3

"

link to instruction how to enable definition of custom spark version

https://kb.databricks.com/en_US/clusters/run-a-custom-databricks-runtime-on-your-cluster

TDJ
New Contributor II

That works for us as a fix. Thanks! 

PaoloSwiss
New Contributor

This solution also worked for me

SP2
New Contributor

Hello Team, I'm unable to run UDF by using this this DBR. Has issue been fixed?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group