cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs API "run now" - How to set task wise parameters

RKNutalapati
Valued Contributor

I have a job with multiple tasks like Task1 -> Task2 -> Task3. I am trying to call the job using api "run now". Task details are below

Task1 - It executes a Note Book with some input parameters

Task2 - It runs using "ABC.jar", so its a jar based task with some parameters

Task3 - It runs based on "XYZ.jar", so its a jar based task with some parameters

So, how I can provide parameters to job api using "run now" command for task1,task2,task3?

3 REPLIES 3

Prabakar
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

@Rama Krishna N​ you can refer here https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/jobs.html#operation/JobsRunNow

"jar_params": [
"john",
"doe",
"35"
],

"notebook_params": {
"name": "john doe",
"age": "35"
},

Hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​  : Thanks for quick response, yeah this is good when we have Task1 and Task2 . But in my use case I have task3 as well, so how can I provide parameters for Task3 (i.e. also JAR, but not the same as Task2)

Harsha777
New Contributor III

Hi,
It would be a good feature to pass parameters at task level. We have scenarios where we would like to create a job with multiple tasks (notebook/dbt) and pass parameters at task level.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group