cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keywords and Functions supported in SQL but not in Databricks SQL.

RishabhGarg
New Contributor II

Actually, I have around 2000 SQL queries. I have to convert them in Databricks supported SQLs, so that I can run them in databricks environment. So I want to know the list of all keywords, functions or anything that is different in databricks SQL. Please help. 

2 REPLIES 2

RishabhGarg
New Contributor II

Actually, If I know about keywords and functions which are not supported in databricks SQL, I will get their alternatives in databricks SQL and create a pyspark Script to automate it. Please help, If anybody knows.

szymon_dybczak
Contributor III

Hi @RishabhGarg ,

You're saying SQL, but which dialect? Because every provider has its own extension to ANSI SQL standard. So for example, if you're using SQL Server for example, there is a TOP keyword to limit the rows.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group