cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Dependency

isaac_gritz
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

How to Install Libraries on Databricks

You can install libraries in Databricks at the cluster level for libraries commonly used on a cluster, at the notebook-level using %pip, or using global init scripts when you have libraries that should be installed on all clusters.

The Databricks ML runtime comes with many commonly used ML libraries pre-installed including sklearn, Tensorflow, and XGBoost (AWS | Azure | GCP)

You can learn more at this page (AWS | Azure | GCP). Let us know in the comments if you have any questions on library dependency!

6 REPLIES 6

Abishek
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

isaac_gritz
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Thanks Abishek!

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Good post @Isaac Gritz​ and thanks @Abishek Subramanian​ for adding those links.​

LearningDatabri
Contributor II

I saw couple of you posts and it seems that you are sharing the information from the public docs. ​instead of sharing the docs information you can post some errors and the troubleshooting and resolution steps. That will be much helpful. Thanks.

Hi team, I am a Databricks employee and I am posting common questions I have received from Databricks customers in the past and answers I would typically provide. I reached out to @Lindsay Olson​ to validate this approach. Happy to remove any posts or find a new forum/format if you would like.

Chris_Shehu
Valued Contributor III

It can be a risky to install libraries without any sort of oversite/security structure to ensure those libraries have no vulnerabilities. I think more caution needs to be added to the wording of these documents to express that. All of the libraries we use go through a vetting process before they can actually be installed.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!