Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lineage - It would be nice if the lineage in Unity would allow for API calls that could add additional lineage information, somehow. I am not certain...

CaseyTercek_
New Contributor II

Lineage - It would be nice if the lineage in Unity would allow for API calls that could add additional lineage information, somehow. I am not certain exactly what would be nice. But some sort of feature to include source systems in it.

2 REPLIES 2

Jfoxyyc
Valued Contributor

Yeah I'm curious how databricks folks released dbt-databricks and didn't release the ability for metadata to sync from dbt into unity catalog... which would essentially require the rest api is updated to provide the feature.โ€‹

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Pureview is quite popular to be integrated to solve this issue. I think lineage in the unity catalog is designed to be auto-generated. I know there are information tables, but I never manually manipulated them.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.