cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Live dashboard

YS1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a streaming dataset -I used delta live tables-, and I want to create a live dashboard that shows the changes instantly without the need to query the table every specific time -without the need to refresh-, What would be the best solution? 

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @YS1 , Databricks Delta Lake and Delta Live Tables can be used to create a live dashboard for visualizing changes in streaming data.
- Delta Live Tables are designed for growing datasets and handle each row only once.
- Delta Lake can be used as a streaming source and sink, allowing you to process both existing and new data in a streaming query.
- Delta Lake's Change Data Capture (CDC) feature records changes to a Delta table, including updates and deletes.
- You can load a Delta table as a stream source using the provided code example.
- You can write data into a Delta table using Structured Streaming with the provided code example.
- If the schema of a Delta table changes during a streaming read, the query will fail, but it can be resolved by restarting the stream.

YS1
New Contributor III

But how the live dashboard comes in place without refreshing it, still I don't understand how we would achieve that without scheduling the dashboard or without refreshing the page. Also, can you please attach the code mentioned in your previous reply. Thanks!

Thank you sir for answering it, I appreciate you.

To my younger brother, if you ever find yourself stuck with your school essays, don't sweat it. go through this https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/entertainment/ page which will help you in essay writing.
Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!