Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge error in streaming case

Remit
New Contributor III

I have a streaming case, where i stream from 2 sources: source1 and source2. I write to seperate streams to pick the data up from the landing area (step1). then i write 2 extra streams to apply some tranformations in order to give them the same schema and have the 2 streams write them to the same target (let's call it union_stream) (step 2). So far everything works fine. Then i write another stream to apply some tranformations to union_stream and write it to union_stream2 (step 3).  In this step all the data from source 1 flows perfectly through the stream but the data from source 2 doesn't. When i filter on source_name = source2, i get the error: Keeping the source of the MERGE statement materialized has failed repeatedly. Even when i execute step 3 without streaming i get the same error. I have also tried to not perform any transformations in step 3 and just do a MERGE into a table with the exact same schema, this led to the same error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Remit
New Contributor III

Solved the problem by changing the cluster settings. The whole thing works when disabling Photon Acceleration...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Remit
New Contributor III

Solved the problem by changing the cluster settings. The whole thing works when disabling Photon Acceleration...

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Remit , I want to express my gratitude for your effort in selecting the most suitable solution. It's great to hear that your query has been successfully resolved. Thank you for your contribution.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.