Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 'DBAcademy DLT' as a Cluster Policy when creating Delta Live Tables pipeline

Haylyon
New Contributor II

I am currently in the middle of the Data Engineering Associate course on the Databricks Partner Academy. I am on module 4 - "Build Data Pipelines with Delta Live Tables", and trying to complete the lab "DE 4.1 - DLT UI Walkthrough". I have successfully set up the Delta Live Tables pipeline as specified in the lab, minus one thing - I am instructed to select "DBAcademy DLT" for the cluster policy, however that is not listed as an option when I click on the drop down for available cluster policies. The only option I have in my drop down is "None". 

I do not believe I have missed a setup step, and I have gone all the way back to the video where the cluster was created in module 1. I believe I have permissions to create a cluster policy, but I am not sure why "DBAcademy DLT" is not listed as a policy after running the setup scripts, and I have not been able to find any source code to get the policy added to my cluster policies. It is not allowing me to complete the lab as the pipeline is erroring out without it. 

Has anyone else run into this issue or have any suggestions how I can fix it / where I can find the source code to create that cluster policy?

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HaylyonIt's our absolute pleasure to be able to support you.

I'll immediately follow up with the support team to expedite the process. I appreciate your patience and will keep you updated on the progress.

OliverCadman
New Contributor III

Good afternoon, I have also run into the issue, for which I have submitted a separate post. Would I also need the support team to look into the issue? Thanks!

SeRo
New Contributor II

Policy will be available after running

/Users/<YOUR USER NAME>/Data Engineering with Databricks - v3.1.4/Includes/Workspace-Setup

Deepa710
New Contributor II

I had the same problem with the policy. So, as you mentioned, I tried to execute "workspace-setup", but it gave me permission denied error on creating instance pool. Could you please help me sort out this issue? The screenshot for the error is attached.

dbx.png

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Haylyon , We haven't heard from you since the last response from @SeRo , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.