cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My exam has suspended , Need help Urgently (10/06/2023)

varad
New Contributor III

Hello Team, 

I encountered Pathetic experience while attempting my 1st DataBricks certification. Abruptly, Proctor asked me to show my desk, after showing he/she asked multiple times.. wasted my time and then suspended my exam. 

I want to file a complaint as I was not involved in any unfair means. Also, I want to request another chance if I don't clear in this attempt. 

This is serious, I have paid and attempted exam ethically. I was not expecting this behaviour a from proctor. I had few personal items like bottles and credit card lying around desk.. this doesn't mean I was cheating. 

Please resolve this on high priority. 

Below are details:

username: varadmanglekar@gmail.com

Exam: Databricks Certified Data Engineer Associate (Version 3)

TIme: 10 June 2023 1615H Asia/Calcutta

Proctor asked me to connect with https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training, I didn't received ticket number.

Thanks. 

Regards, 

Varad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

varad
New Contributor III

Thanks @Vidula Khanna​  @Priyadarshini G​ 

Exam got rescheduled and I cleared it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

varad
New Contributor III

@Kaniz Fatma​  @Vidula Khanna​  @Suteja Kanuri​  Please look into this.

Priyag1
Honored Contributor II

@Varad Manglekar​ ,I am sorry for what had happened. Please raise multiple tickets if they dont respond , also wait for sometime ..our time zones are different so there will be some time lag for them to reply you .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Varad Manglekar​ 

Thank you for reaching out! 

Please submit a ticket to our Training Team here: https://help.databricks.com/s/contact-us?ReqType=training  and our team will get back to you shortly. 

Kindly raise the ticket once again.

varad
New Contributor III

Thanks @Vidula Khanna​  @Priyadarshini G​ 

Exam got rescheduled and I cleared it.

Priyag1
Honored Contributor II

Congratulations !! @Varad Manglekar​ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Varad Manglekar​ 

Glad to hear!

Help us build a vibrant and resourceful community by recognizing and highlighting insightful contributions. Mark the best answers and show your appreciation!

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!