Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not able to execute below SQL query in databricks notebook because of Pare error

KalingaSena
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

I am unable to run the below command and it is giving me a parse error. Can any one point out the issue with the code:

KalingaSena_1-1689140837096.png

3 REPLIES 3

BkP
Contributor

Hi,

From the error , it looks like there is no space between the brackets and the "in" keyword after the where clause. Can you please try again see if you facing the same error. 

BkP_0-1689144439039.png

KalingaSena
New Contributor II

KalingaSena_0-1689147332300.png

Hi still getting the same error after putting spaces for in

Hi @KalingaSena ,

I created a dummy dataset on delta lake and ran a similar query like yours (almost with the same structure). And I am getting the output as expected without any failure. Please see below attached cell.

BkP_0-1689151290865.png

Although the 'in' keyword can or cannot have space , the error you are getting suggests its mostly syntax related. The only difference in our code is , you are probably reading an externa table from ADLS whereas I am not. If you happen to resolve your issue then pls share here.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.