cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Npip Tunnel Setup Failure

CloudPlatformer
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running into an issue when trying to create any type of compute cluster in a workspace (premium, with VNet Injection and private DNS zone + private Endpoint). The operation always fails with:

Compute terminated. Reason: Npip Tunnel Setup Failure

NPIP tunnel setup failure during launch. Please try again later and contact Databricks if the problem persists. Instance bootstrap failed command: WaitForNgrokTunnel Failure message (may be truncated): Timed out waiting for ngrok tunnel to be up

Does anyone know where the problem could come from?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

CloudPlatformer
New Contributor II

I forgot to add: the workspace as well as the other resources are hosted in Azure.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CloudPlatformer, The NPIP tunnel setup failure during cluster creation in Databricks can be frustrating, but let’s troubleshoot it together. 

Here are some steps to investigate the issue:

Network Configuration:

• Ensure that your network setup aligns with Databricks requirements. Specifically, review the secure cluster connectivity documentation to verify that your network configuration is correct.
  • Check if outbound port 2443 is open. This port is essential for communication during cluster setup.

Compliance Security Profile:

DHCP Configuration:

Good luck, and I hope you can resolve the NPIP tunnel setup issue! 🚀

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.