Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

JD2
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Lakehouse with Delta Lake Deep Dive Training

Hello:As per link shown below, I need help to see from where I can get the DBC file for hands-on training.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znv4rM9wevc&ab_channel=DatabricksAny help is greatly appreciated.Thanks

• 4 replies
  • 7 kudos
Latest Reply
Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 7 kudos

Thank you for url just watching it

• 7 kudos
3 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 19 kudos

docs.databricks.com

Databricks Runtime 10.2 Beta is available from yesterday.More details here: https://docs.databricks.com/release-notes/runtime/10.2.htmlNew features and improvementsUse Files in Repos with Spark StreamingDatabricks Utilities adds an update mount comma...

image.png
  • 0 replies
  • 19 kudos
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 18 kudos

I thought that Azure Data Factory is built on spark but now when I crushed it I see that is build directly on databricks :-)

I thought that Azure Data Factory is built on spark but now when I crushed it I see that is build directly on databricks

image.png
  • 2 replies
  • 18 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 18 kudos

correct. Because Data Flows were available before their own (MS) spark pools were available.But let's be honest: that is only a good thing

• 18 kudos
1 More Replies
guruv
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! delta table autooptimize vs optimize command

HI,i have several delta tables on Azure adls gen 2 storage account running databricks runtime 7.3. there are only write/read operation on delta tables and no update/delete.As part of release pipeline, below commands are executed in a new notebook in...

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 2 kudos

the auto optimize is sufficient, unless you run into performance issues.Then I would trigger an optimize. This will generate files of 1GB (so larger than the standard size of auto optimize). And of course the Z-Order if necessary.The suggestion to ...

• 2 kudos
4 More Replies
MadelynM
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

vimeo.com

Repos let you use Git functionality such as cloning a remote repo, managing branches, pushing and pulling changes and visually comparing differences upon commit. Here's a quick video (3:56) on setting up a repo for Databricks on AWS. Pre-reqs: Git in...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
MadelynM
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

vimeo.com

A job is a way of running a notebook either immediately or on a scheduled basis. Here's a quick video (4:04) on how to schedule a job and automate a workflow for Databricks on AWS. To follow along with the video, import this notebook into your worksp...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
MadelynM
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

vimeo.com

Auto Loader provides Python and Scala methods to ingest new data from a folder location into a Delta Lake table by using directory listing or file notifications. Here's a quick video (7:00) on how to use Auto Loader for Databricks on AWS with Databri...

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos
marchello
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! register model - need python 3, but get only python 2

Hi all, I'm trying to register a model with python 3 support, but continue getting only python 2. I can see that runtime 6.0 and above get python 3 by default, but I don't see a way to set neither runtime version, nor python version during model regi...

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
marchello
New Contributor III
  • 6 kudos

Hi team, thanks for getting back to me. Let's put this on hold for now. I will update once it's needed again. It was solely for education purpose and right now I have quite urgent stuff to do.Have a great day. 

• 6 kudos
4 More Replies
Murugan
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Databricks interoperability between cloud environments

While Databricks is currently available and integrated into all three major cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP) , following are pertinent questions that comes across in the real-world scenarios,1) Whether Databricks can be cloud agnostic (i.e.,) In ca...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
  • 1 kudos

You'll be interested in the Unity Catalog.The notebooks should be the same across all the clouds and there are no syntax differences. The key things are going to be just changing paths from S3 to ADL2 and having different usernames/logins across the...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
as999
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

python dataframe or hiveSql update based on predecessor value?

I have a million in rows that I need to update which looks for the highest count of the predecessor from the same source data and replaces the same value on a different row.  For example.Original DF.sno Object Name  shape  rating1  Fruit apple round ...

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

basically you have to create a dataframe (or use a window function, that will also work) which gives you the group combination with the most occurances. So a window/groupby on object, name, shape with a count().Then you have to determine which shape...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Sam
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

collect_set/ collect_list Pushdown

Hello,I've noticed that Collect_Set and Collect_List are not pushed down to the database?Runtime DB 9.1LTSSpark 3.1.2Database: SnowflakeIs there any way to get a distinct set from a group by in a way that will push down the query to the database?

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 4 kudos

Hm so collect_set does not get translated to listagg.Can you try the following?use a more recent version of dbrxuse delta lake as spark sourceuse the latest version of the snowflake connectorcheck if pushdown to snowflake is enabled

• 4 kudos
WayneDeleersnyd
by New Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to view exported notebooks in HTML format

My team and I noticed an issue lately where notebooks, when exported to HTML format, are not viewable in a stand-alone state anymore. Older notebooks which were exported have no issues, but newer exports are not viewable. The only way we can view t...

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
cconnell
Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

I can confirm that the Community Edition now does correct readable HTML export.

• 0 kudos
10 More Replies
User16826992666
by Valued Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

If our company has an Enterprise Git server deployed on a private network, can we use Repos?

Our team would like to use the Repos functionality but our security prevents outside traffic through public networks. Is there any way we can still use Repos?

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
User16781336501
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Please contact your account team for some options that are in preview right now.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors