cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One workspace can connects to the multiple AWS accounts/regions

omsurapu
Visitor

HI,

I'd like to know if one workspace can be used to connect to the multiple accounts (account A and account B) / regions. I knew that multiple accounts/regions can't be selected during the setup. is it possible?

2 REPLIES 2

jennie258fitz
New Contributor II

@omsurapu Spotify Pie wrote:

HI,

I'd like to know if one workspace can be used to connect to the multiple accounts (account A and account B) / regions. I knew that multiple accounts/regions can't be selected during the setup. is it possible?

Yes, it is possible to connect a single workspace to multiple accounts and regions, but it typically requires some additional configuration.

In many platforms, while you canโ€™t select multiple accounts or regions during the initial setup, you can often add connections or integrations later on. This can involve using different credentials or specifying the region/account details within your workspace settings or through configuration files.

To clarify, here are some steps you might consider:

1. Check Documentation: Refer to the specific documentation of the platform youโ€™re using. Many services provide detailed instructions for connecting multiple accounts.

2. Create Multiple Connections: If the platform allows it, you may be able to create multiple connection profiles within the same workspace for different accounts or regions.

3. Use Environment Variables: Some setups allow you to define different environments using variables, which can help manage different accounts or regions.

4. Workspaces/Projects: If the platform supports it, you might also create separate workspaces or projects for different accounts or regions within the same interface.

omsurapu
Visitor

ok, thanks! 
there is no DB official documentation available for this requirement. I assume it can be done with the cross account IAM roles, but never tested. any leads?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group