Did you mean: 

PARSE_SYNTAX_ERROR creating view from CSV

DaniW
New Contributor III

Hello, if i run this code:

%sql

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW esprosilver.xxx.encuestas_talleres
AS
SELECT * FROM CSV.`abfss://landing@esproanalyticscenterdl.dfs.core.windows.net/oracle-dwh/encuestas_talleres/encuestas_talleres.csv`

It creates the view in unity catalog, but places all data in a column _c0. so I have to tell it that it has headers. But if I run this query:
%sql

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW esprosilver.xxxx.encuestas_talleres
USING csv
OPTIONS (
  path "abfss://landing@esproanalyticscenterdl.dfs.core.windows.net/oracle-dwh/encuestas_talleres/encuestas_talleres.csv",
  header = "true",
  inferSchema "true",
  mode "FAILFAST")

it returns this error:

ParseException: [PARSE_SYNTAX_ERROR] Syntax error at or near 'USING'(line 2, pos 0) == SQL == CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW esprosilver.realeseguros_dwh.encuestas_talleres
USING csv
^^^
OPTIONS ( path "abfss:REDACTED_LOCAL_PART@esproanalyticscenterdl.dfs.core.windows.net/oracle-dwh/encuestas_talleres/encuestas_talleres.csv", header = "true", inferSchema "true", mode "FAILFAST")

Can someone help me fix it? Thank you in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DaniW
New Contributor III

I finally used the managed table creation and works perfectly. So I don't need to schedule. I leave the code here in case is of any use for someone:

%sql

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS esprosilver.XXXX.encuestas_talleres
USING CSV
OPTIONS (
  path "abfss://landing@esproanalyticscenterdl.dfs.core.windows.net/oracle-dwh/encuestas_talleres/encuestas_talleres.csv",
  header "true",
  inferSchema "true",
  delimiter ";",
  format "csv"
)

Thank you very much Mo for your time and giving me the idea of using tables. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DaniW
New Contributor III

I forgot to mention that the csv delimiter is ';'

DaniW
New Contributor III

Hello Mo,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I require the data and schema to be accessible to all users at all times. Considering this, I'm thinking of creating a managed table that would function similarly to a view. If I create a table first and then a view based on it, any changes to the CSV file would necessitate re-creating the table. Right?

DaniW
New Contributor III

I finally used the managed table creation and works perfectly. So I don't need to schedule. I leave the code here in case is of any use for someone:

%sql

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS esprosilver.XXXX.encuestas_talleres
USING CSV
OPTIONS (
  header "true",
  inferSchema "true",
  delimiter ";",
  format "csv"
)

Thank you very much Mo for your time and giving me the idea of using tables. Have a great day!