cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotly in python notebook- not seeing all graphs

griffinw
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have written code that produces plotly charts in a python notebook (by facet) - each output is 4 line charts side-by-side with a few points highlighted.

When I run this in a loop to produce more than 7 or 8 of my graphs, some of the features do not show up on some graphs.

For example, I might not see the line on one of the graphs, or another may be completely lacking in visuals. However, when I hover over where the graphs should be, I see the interactive plotly tooltips as if the graphs are there.

Why does this happen, and how can I resolve it? Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Please share your code (or just the whole notebook) and screenshot pointing to what is not showing.

griffinw
New Contributor III

unfortunately I'm not able to share as it is in reference to proprietary company data

essentially, I can produce any one plotly graph like:

[line graph with scatter]

but if i produce, say, 8 of them (looping on a list of inputs), I get something like this:

[empty box]

[just scatter points no line]

[empty box]

[empty box]

[just scatter points no line]

If I hover over one of the empty boxes where a graph should be, the tooltips appear as if everything is graphed correctly, but the line and points themselves are not visible

It's not obvious why some render and some don't, the pattern is not always the same

I discovered today that clicking the "lasso" or "box" buttons on the plotly toolbar for the invisible or partially invisible graphs will cause the hidden visualizations elements to appear, so I have a temporary workaround

If anyone has by chance encountered a problem like this and solved it, I'm all ears. If no one has and my description is incomprehensible, then fair enough as I don't know how else to explain it.

Thank you for your efforts

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.