cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUERY_RESULT_ROWS without first row as trigger in SQL Alerts of databricks

rajalakshmi9394
New Contributor II

Hi Team - In azure databricks sql alerts, I was able to use QUERY_RESULT_ROWS only if I'm selecting the trigger as first row. Is there a possibility to get count of number of rows and also the query result (both rows and columns to display the data as table) inside the custom alert notification template of sql in databricks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I also looked into that and for the moment it does not seem to be possible.

I worked around this by triggering on the count of records of the concerning query and also including the url to the query.

Like that the receiver can click on the link and run the query.

But I would very much like to be able to include the actual results (even only the first 100 rows).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I also looked into that and for the moment it does not seem to be possible.

I worked around this by triggering on the count of records of the concerning query and also including the url to the query.

Like that the receiver can click on the link and run the query.

But I would very much like to be able to include the actual results (even only the first 100 rows).

Hi @Rajalakshmi Amara​ ,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Rajalakshmi Amara​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!