cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Streaming using Delta as Source and Delta as Sink and Delta tables are under unity catalo

Karthik_Venu
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

Here is my use case.

1. My source table (bronze delta table) is under unity catalog and is a transaction (Insert/Update) table.

2. My target table (silver delta table) is also under unity catalog.

3. On daily basis I need to ingest the incremental data from Bronze to silver table that is under unity catalog. 

I get this error when reading source/Bronze table that is under unity catalog. I am using Shared Cluster and DBR 11.3 LTS.

Method public org.apache.spark.sql.Dataset org.apache.spark.sql.streaming.DataStreamReader.table(java.lang.String) is not whitelisted on class class org.apache.spark.sql.streaming.DataStreamReader

Appreciate any pointers to address and resolve this error.

Kind Regards,

Karthik

1 REPLY 1

Karthik_Venu
New Contributor II

I came across this article : readStream() is not whitelisted error when running a query - Databricks

it states the solution as " You should use a cluster that does not have table access control enabled for streaming queries."

However, the source and target tables are under unity catalog. Does this mean we cannot do structured streaming implementation with Delta table as streaming source??

Appreciate your input and time.

Kind Regards

Karthik

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!