cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suddenly can't find the option to uplaod files into Databricks Community Edition

Younevano
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am suddenly unable to find the option to upload my files into Databricks Community Edition today. Please find the same in the screenshot attached. Is anyone else also facing this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

Vamsi_B
New Contributor

I was about to post the same question, for some reason we are not able to find the dbfs toggle option in settings either!

Alexisqc92
New Contributor II

I'm facing the same issue, were you able to find a solution for this? or a work around?

gchandra
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

The workaround will be to Mount the S3 bucket and use that as your source.

~

gchandra
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee
access_key = ""
secret_key = ""
encoded_secret_key = secret_key.replace("/", "%2F")

aws_bucket_name = "yourawsbucketname/"
mount_name = "youraliasmountname"

# #dbutils.fs.unmountf"/mnt/{mount_name}")
dbutils.fs.mount(f"s3a://{access_key}:{encoded_secret_key}@{aws_bucket_name}", f"/mnt/{mount_name}")

After mounting
goto next cell %fs ls /mnt/youraliasmountname

~

thorffin
Visitor

Anyone found any solution please post here

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group