cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

system.billing.usage table missing data for jobs running in my databricks account

aranjan99
New Contributor III

I have some jobs running on databricks. I can obtain their jobId from the Jobs UI or List Job Runs API.
However when trying to get DBU usage for the corresponding jobs from system.billing.usage, I do not see the same job_id in that table. Its been more than 7 days that the jobs are running but there is no data for them in billing usage table

Query I used to get the jobIds:  

select distinct usage_metadata['job_id'] from system.billing.usage where usage_metadata['job_id'] is not null

I do not see the jobIds I see in UI in this table. The table is enabled and has data about other entities

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

The jobs are completed but still not available in that table. Can you point me to how to reach out to you directly?

@Kaniz_Fatma can you point me how to reach out to you? As mentioned earlier, my jobs are completed and are within last week but there is no billing data for them. Hoping you can resolve this soon

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @aranjan99. Apologies for the delayed response.

The jobs are not long running and complete with in 30seconds. I tried restarting the compute but still not seeing any data for these jobs in the table

This spport ticket link doesnt work for me,  how do I file a support ticket?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!