cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create/save job of type "python script"

r-goswami
New Contributor II

Hi All,

We are facing an issue while creating a simple job of type "python script". A python file in workspace is selected as a source. No arguments/job parameters are provided. This is a strange behavior and just started occurring since today morning, so far we have been running several jobs of "python script" type for about a year now without any issues.

Following error is shown on databri!cks portal.

---------------------------------------

Error updating <job_name>

Malformed arguments: unclosed quote or trailing escape character

----------------------------------------

Any help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Ayushi_Suthar
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @r-goswami , Good Day! 

This looks like an issue with the web UI interface. Could you please try the RESET API call to edit the job settings if this is a blocker for you? 

Documents to refer to call the RESET API: https://docs.databricks.com/api/workspace/jobs/reset

Please let me know if this helps and leave a like if this information is useful, followups are appreciated.
Kudos
Ayushi

r-goswami
New Contributor II

Hi Ayushi,

How can I call call RESET API? this issue is occurring when creating a new job from databricks web UI. It looks like REST API is for resetting job settings of an existing job.

Can this be an issue with the databricks workspace we are using?

Also tried in a new browser session(incognito), but same behavior is seen.

Regards.

Hi @r-goswami, Good Day! 

I apologise. Can you try to create a new job using the rest API: https://docs.databricks.com/api/workspace/jobs/create

This could be a potential bug in Databricks workflow UI. Did you get a chance to check the issue in your other workspaces? 

Please let me know if this helps and leave a like if this information is useful, followups are appreciated.
Kudos
Ayushi

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.