Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncaught Error: Script error for jupyter-widgets/base

GeorgeD
New Contributor

I have been using ipywidgets for quite a while in several notebooks in Databricks, but today things have completely stopped working with the following error;

Uncaught Error: Script error for "@jupyter-widgets/base" http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror

This occurs in notebooks that I have been working with uninterrupted for quite some time, including one where the last change was 69 days ago, so I don't at all understand why this problem would suddenly occur. Any ideas?

(Also I did not understand what is meant by Technical Support - Not for product??)

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GeorgeD

• First, ensure that you’re using a compatible version of JupyterLab with ipywidgets. As of ipywidgets 7.6 or newer, it should work seamlessly with JupyterLab 3.0 or newer without any additional steps.
  • To verify if the necessary extension is installed, run the following command in your terminal or command prompt:
  • jupyter labextension list

• Look for a line similar to this:
    @jupyter-widgets/jupyterlab-manager v3.0.0 enabled OK (python, jupyterlab_widgets)

• If you’re using an older version of JupyterLab (1 or 2), you’ll need to manually install the extension using:
    jupyter labextension install @jupyter-widgets/jupyterlab-manager
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.