cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Name in System Tables

valjas
New Contributor III

Hello.

I am creating a table to monitor the usage of All-purpose Compute and SQL Warehouses. From the tables in 'system' catalog, I can get cluster_name and cluster_id. However only warehouse_id is available and not warehouse name. Is there a way to get the name of the warehouse in the system tables?

I thought of creating a table and having all the warehouse ids and names updated here. But, it would mean, this table has to be updated everytime a new warehouse is created.

Is there a place where databricks stores warehouse names along with ids? If not, please suggest a work around to automatially log all the warehouses that are created. 

1 REPLY 1

wallco26
New Contributor III

That's not an optimal solution. Why can't the name be recorded?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group