cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Workflow Failure Alert Webhooks for OpsGenie

ChingizK
New Contributor III

I'm trying to set up a Workflow Job Webhook notification to send an alert to OpsGenie REST API on job failure. We've set up Teams & Email successfully.

We've created the Webhook 

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 1.15.33โ€ฏPM.png

and when I configure "On Failure" I can see it in the JSON/YAML view.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 1.17.27โ€ฏPM.png

However, OpsGenie expects the payload to be in a specific format and I also want to append additional info regarding the job with the payload. Where can I configure this?

The documentation HERE shows an example payloads that are sent, but that's not what OpsGenie is expecting.

Any clarification on this is highly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

portoedu
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

I found a workaround by creating an email integration in opsgenie and then creating a databricks notification destination with that email.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ChingizK, Configuring the payload for OpsGenie Webhook integration is essential to ensure that the data sent to OpsGenie meets your requirements.

Letโ€™s walk through the steps:

1. Create a Webhook Integration in OpsGenie:

• Go to Settings > Integrations.
    • Click on Add integration.
    • Search for and select Webhook.
    • Enter a name for the integration.
    • Optionally, assign it to a specific team.
    • Click Continue to save the integration.
    • Finally, turn on the integration to make it active1.
  2. Mapping Alert Actions:

• OpsGenie allows you to post Webhook URLs for alert actions.
    • Use the Post to Webhook URL for OpsGenie alerts section to define mappings for alert actions.
    • For example, you can configure OpsGenie to post to the URL when an alert is created.
    • Different actions (such as alert creation, acknowledgment, etc.) can trigger the Webhook.
    • When configuring the mapping, you can specify tags or custom actions.
    • If an alert has one or more of the specified tags, the mapping works.
    • For custom actions, you can save multiple mappings based on the given tags and custom action names.
    • Note that the Description and Details fields are truncated to 1000 characters in the alert action da...1.
  3. Customizing the Payload:

4. Sample Webhook Data:

Remember to review OpsGenieโ€™s official documentation for any updates or additional details specific to your use case. If you encounter any issues, consider reaching out to OpsGenieโ€™s community or support for further assistance. Good luck with your Webhook configuration! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿš€13.

!OpsGenie Webhook Configuration Image source: OpsGenie Webhook Configuration Guide3

Let me know if you need further clarification or assistance!

portoedu
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

I found a workaround by creating an email integration in opsgenie and then creating a databricks notification destination with that email.

ChingizK
New Contributor III

Yes, this was the workaround we ended up implementing as well. Just setting up an email on the OpsGenie side and then adding that email address as email notification under the configs of the job workflow

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!