cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your administrator has forbidden Scala UDFs from being run on this cluster. How to enable access to Scala UDF on Azure Databricks cluster ?

Pawan1
New Contributor II

Hi All,

When i try to run a scala UDF in Azuredatabricks 10.1 (includes Apache Spark 3.2.0, Scala 2.12) cluster i was able to run the udf. However when i tried to run the same notebook in 10.4 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.2.1, Scala 2.12) cluster i have been thrown with this error.

SecurityException: Your administrator has forbidden Scala UDFs from being run on this cluster

at com.databricks.sql.acl.CheckPermissions.exprNodeToRequests(CheckPermissions.scala:1144)

at com.databricks.sql.acl.HiveCheckPermissions.exprNodeToRequests(HiveCheckPermissions.scala:79)

at com.databricks.sql.acl.CheckPermissions.toRequests(CheckPermissions.scala:309)

at com.databricks.sql.acl.CheckPermissions.$anonfun$toRequests$1(CheckPermissions.scala:309)

at scala.collection.TraversableLike.$anonfun$flatMap$1(TraversableLike.scala:293)

at scala.collection.Iterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:943)

Is there any configuration i have to enable in order make the scala udf run ? .

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 REPLY 1

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Are you trying this with High concurrency clusters?

Also, please tag @Debayan Mukherjeeโ€‹ with your next response so that I will get notified.