cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't enable delta sharing inside metastore

jpaladini
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm currently using Unity Catalog and serving as the metastore admin. However, I've encountered an issue where I cannot select the "Enable Delta sharing to allow a Databricks user to share data outside their organization" checkbox as it appears to be blocked. Could someone please advise on how to enable this feature?

2 REPLIES 2

shan_chandra
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@jpaladini - could you please let us know if you had a chance to follow the steps to setup Delta Sharing on your workspace - https://docs.databricks.com/en/data-sharing/set-up.html#enable-delta-sharing-for-your-account?

Yes, I'm still at the beginning, I just can't click at the  Enable Delta Sharing to allow a Databricks user to share data outside their organization checkbox, it's blocked.

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!