cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage account groups

deba_nayak
New Contributor

Hi All,

My client has a table with user names and the authorized territory name the user has access to e.g EMEA, APAC etc. The users can also move to a different territory over time and the same will be updated in the user table table. I have multiple data tables and access to the rows will be decided based on which territory the user has access to from the user table. e.g Users with APAC territory in the user table should be able to access only APAC data from the data table.

I want to implement RLS in Unity Catalog, but I am not able to figure out how I can create user groups and potentially update the user assignments to the group based on the User table 

Ps I really do not want to use a view to access the territory name from this user table and add additional lookup. 

1 REPLY 1

dkushari
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

Can you please have a look at this example please? https://docs.databricks.com/en/data-governance/unity-catalog/row-and-column-filters.html#mapping-tab...

If you create account groups for each region and then use IS_ACCOUNT_GROUP_MEMBER to validate the access to the right rows using row filter function will that work? 

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!