Data Governance
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Datagrip unity catalog support

deep_thought
New Contributor III

Is anyone able to see unity catalog objects in Datagrip? I can only view hive_metastore objects.

Nothing mentioned here https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/datagrip.html

7 REPLIES 7

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, I do not think right now UC supports Datagrip. Also, whats the DBR you are running?

deep_thought
New Contributor III

DBR 11.3 ML

deep_thought
New Contributor III

As an alternative, unity catalog does work with DBeaver

alexiswl
Contributor

Has there been any updates to this? I have followed the instructions for connecting a cluster/SQL Warehouse to DataGrip (https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/datagrip.html) and the only schema that appears to be available is global_temp

iguanaware
New Contributor II

Does anyone know where the change would need to be implemented? DataGrip or the Driver?

fferrao
New Contributor II

Working with someone else together we have been able to get unity catalog objects in Datagrip. I am only able to connect to one catalog database at a time using separate Data Sources as I have not been successful loading them all from one.

Under Data Sources and Drivers -> Data Sources (not Drivers) -> Choose your Project Data Source -> Options tab -> Connection area -> Startup Script: -> Enter Text: use catalog database_name;

RaraM
New Contributor II

That worked perfectly for me. Thank you for this. Much appreciated.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.