Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change EBS volume type as GP3 for Job Compute and All-Purpose Compute?

New Contributor II

Dear Team,

Kindly help me to change default EBS volume GP2 type to GP3 type in my Job Compute and All-Purpose Compute. As per documentations, under Instance, EBS Volume configuration is not available, Attached the Snaps for reference

667572_0-1689224464029.png

667572_1-1689224517691.png

Regards

Sridhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @667572 , 

To change the default EBS volume GP2 type to GP3 type in your Job Compute and All-Purpose Compute, follow the steps below:
1. Ensure that you have sufficient quotas for gp3 volumes and gp3 storage modifications. Consider using your current gp2 quotas as a guideline. For more information, see [Amazon Elastic Block Store endpoints and quotas](https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/ebs-service.html). 

2. Sign in to the workspace as a Databricks admin.

3. Access the workspace admin settings.

4. On the **Workspace Settings** tab, in the **Cluster** section, enable **EBS SSD gp3**.

Additional Resources

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @667572 , 

To change the default EBS volume GP2 type to GP3 type in your Job Compute and All-Purpose Compute, follow the steps below:
1. Ensure that you have sufficient quotas for gp3 volumes and gp3 storage modifications. Consider using your current gp2 quotas as a guideline. For more information, see [Amazon Elastic Block Store endpoints and quotas](https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/ebs-service.html). 

2. Sign in to the workspace as a Databricks admin.

3. Access the workspace admin settings.

4. On the **Workspace Settings** tab, in the **Cluster** section, enable **EBS SSD gp3**.

Additional Resources

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @667572 

We haven't heard from you since the last response from @Kaniz ​, and I was checking back to see if her suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community, as it can be helpful to others. 

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

New Contributor II

Solution is correct, I am waiting for approval to do those changes in our instance.