cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with "databricks metastores list" Command - Only One Metastore Listed

jv_v
New Contributor II

I have encountered with the Databricks CLI command databricks metastores list. As per our account setup, we have three metastores configured. However, when I run the command, it only returns information for one metastore instead of listing all three.

Here are the details of the command and the output I am seeing:
"databricks metastores list"
ID           Name      Region
I have confirmed through the Databricks console that there are indeed three metastores present in our account:

1. PrimaryMetastore
  2. SecondaryMetastore
  3. TertiaryMetastore

Additionally, I would like to mention that I am an admin of the account console, which ensures I have the necessary permissions to view all metastores.

Given this discrepancy, could you please assist in identifying the cause of this issue?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Ayushi_Suthar
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @jv_v , Good Day! 

The command you are running gives you Metastore details attached to your workspace. If you are looking to list out all the metastore present at the Account console, you can try running this below CLI command: 

--------------------------------------------------

databricks account metastores list

--------------------------------------------------

You can run this CLI command: "databricks account -h" for details on supported account-level commands.

Please let me know if this helps and leave a like if you find this information useful. 
Kudos
Ayushi

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!