Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metastore creation error

Sreeanth
New Contributor II

This path doesn't exist or we couldn't access it with the credential provided. Metastores require a directory path.

Hello Team,

Trying to create metasotre, followed the databricks community document encountering above error. Please help me in resolving the error.

Thanks,

Sreenath.

2 REPLIES 2

mlian
New Contributor II

I ran into the same issue and it turned out that I missed setting up the trust policy for the IAM role. The IAM role for the Unity Catalog needs a specific assume role policy. More details see https://docs.databricks.com/data-governance/unity-catalog/get-started.html#configure-a-storage-bucke...

Anonymous
Not applicable

To resolve the error, you can follow these steps:

1. Verify the directory path: Ensure that the directory path you provided for the Metastore exists and is accessible. Double-check the path and make sure it is correct.

2. Check the credentials: Ensure that the credentials you provided have the necessary permissions to access the directory path. If the path is on a remote storage system, such as AWS S3 or Azure Blob Storage, make sure you have valid credentials and access permissions.

3. Validate connectivity: Test the connectivity to the directory path from your Databricks environment. You can try accessing the path using the credentials manually or through other tools to confirm that the path is accessible.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.