cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
Join discussions on data governance practices, compliance, and security within the Databricks Community. Exchange strategies and insights to ensure data integrity and regulatory compliance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Access Control without High-Concurrency and with R

Alexey
Contributor

As we are starting to build our Lakehouse solution on Databricks, we need ACLs to be active. So far I have found two options:

• via UI or terraform: create a high-concurrency cluster and enable table access control for python and SQL. In terraform this would look like this:
spark_conf = {
    "spark.databricks.cluster.profile": "serverless",
    "spark.databricks.repl.allowedLanguages": "python,sql",
    "spark.databricks.acl.dfAclsEnabled": "true"
}
  • only in terraform: create a "standard" cluster with enabled table access control for python, SQL and R. In terraform the code for config is as followed:
spark_conf = {
    "spark.databricks.repl.allowedLanguages" : "python,sql,r",
    "spark.databricks.acl.dfAclsEnabled" : true,
}

We have tested that this second option only allows me to see tables that I have been granted access to. Do I miss something in the documentation? Is it the correct way to deploy a single-user cluster with ACLs?

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group