cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Databricks Community Champions
Experts dedicated to assisting community members by answering inquiries and producing high-quality content such as blogs, vlogs, and events. They consistently share and collaborate through their own platforms, always exuding enthusiasm and positivity.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meet G Samhitha Priyadarshini, our featured member for this month! She has been our top contributor and possesses extensive knowledge in Databricks. She is also a Certified Lounge User Group owner.

Here are some of the questions we asked her during the interview, and these are her responses in her own words.

• Name: G Samhitha Priyadarshini
  • Community nickname: @Priyag1 🌟
  • Pronouns: She/Her
  • Company: Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company
  • Job Title: Senior Chief Manager – Data Analyst 

Can you provide a brief overview of your career journey leading up to your current role?
Having completed my Master's in Thermal Engineering, I've developed a robust foundation in data analysis, extensive research skills, leadership, critical thinking, and communication. These academic pursuits not only shaped my technical acumen but also honed my ability to approach challenges with analytical rigor and innovation. I transitioned into the role of a data analyst, leveraging my academic insights to tackle diverse datasets and extract meaningful insights. My experience spans analysing various types of data, employing statistical methods to uncover patterns, and presenting findings to stakeholders effectively. My academic background has been instrumental in fostering a continuous learning mindset, enabling me to adapt quickly to new technologies and methodologies in data analysis. It has also instilled in me a strong sense of ethics and integrity, ensuring that my work aligns with professional standards and delivers reliable results.  Currently, I am working as a Data Analyst in Enterprise Risk Management Team.Python, SQL, Power BI has been invaluable in my role, enabling me to transform data into visually compelling dashboards and reports that provide meaningful insights to stakeholders.

What do you enjoy most about your current job or role?
I apply my analytical prowess to assess and mitigate risks using data-driven approaches. I enjoy the process of   translating complex data into clear, actionable strategies that enhance organizational resilience and decision-making.

If you had to describe yourself using three words, what would they be? How do you think your coworkers would describe you?
Patient, Optimistic, Adaptable

Have you had any mentors or significant influences in your professional life? If so, could you tell us about them?
My parents and my friends Mrs. Manvitha, Mr.Rizwan and Mr. Kshitij Pachgare have been my unwavering support during challenging times, constantly motivating me to achieve professional growth and excellence. Their encouragement has been invaluable to me.

When and why did you first start using Databricks?
I got to know about Databricks in 2021 and used to follow few webinars conducted on the platform initially. My experience with Databricks Academy has been transformative. The platform has not only enhanced my technical skills but also deepened my understanding of data applications and business acumen. It has broadened my vision, equipping me with advanced techniques in data processing, analytics, and machine learning on the Databricks platform. Databricks has fundamentally changed how I approach data, allowing me to leverage its powerful capabilities to streamline workflows, optimize processes, and uncover hidden patterns that drive strategic initiatives.

Are there any Databricks features that you particularly enjoy or find indispensable in your work?
Databricks Academy courses and the learning features.

Is there a Databricks feature you wish existed or would like to see in future updates?
100% certification Vouchers like earlier, it encourages to participate in Databrick certification exams making the DB technology more reachable to organizations across the globe creating a greater pool of certified professionals.

When did you join the Databricks Community, and what motivated you to do so?
I joined the Databricks community in May 2022. My goal is to deepen my understanding of the subject matter while also helping others learn and grow.

What aspects of the Databricks Community do you find most valuable or enjoyable?
Databricks community is another wonderful knowledge sharing  platform where one can interact and communicate professionally. It’s an interactive platform that gives diverse data challenges that one faces through their real-time experiences.  

Outside of work, what is your favorite hobby or pastime?
I like to spend time with my family, friends. Sometimes I watch documentaries, read books or engage in gardening. 

Where do you envision yourself professionally in the next three years?
In the next three years, I envision myself to work with Databricks.

Social Media Handles
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/priyadarshini-g-015753185/

Samhitha's commitment to excellence and her role in breaking barriers for women in AI make her a role model for aspiring data professionals everywhere. 🌟

Join us in celebrating @Priyag1 achievements and her invaluable contributions to the Databricks Community. 🚀

7 Comments