Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DELETE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Predictive I/O. With this new technology, we no longer have to rely on rewriting entire files when merging. Instead, deletion vectors ident...

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Databricks Predictive I/O. With this new technology, we no longer have to rely on rewriting entire files when merging. Instead, deletion vectors identify and remove specific data points, leading to more efficient and streamlined processes. In addition, using deep learning enables Predictive I/O to determine the most optimal way to read and write data and automate feature extraction.

Since DBR 12.1, you enable support for deletion vectors on a Delta Lake table by setting a table property as shown below:

ALTER TABLE <table_name> SET TBLPROPERTIES ('delta.enableDeletionVectors' = true);

predctive_1predctive_2 

1 REPLY 1

bhawna_chaurasi
Valued Contributor II

hi

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.